Hello I'm Bre

Hello I'm Bre
I'm a first time mother just figuring it out as I go. Trying to always remember to stay Fabulous and not lose myself in MommyWorld.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Easter Eggs and Tantrums



Hey everyone sorry I've been away so long but so much has been going with me lately. Between planning 3 separate upcoming vacations and the whole family catching some kind of sickly bug we have been busy, but Baby Alex and I finally managed to get out the house the other day to go to an Easter Egg Hunt at a local State Park. Baby Alex seemed to enjoy himself but I could still tell he wasn't 100% feeling better.


Once we got to the park Baby Alex didn't seem very interested in picking up eggs and after a few failed attempts at guiding him toward the eggs, I decided to let him run around, do his own thing, and enjoy the beautiful weather. He ended up picking up pine cones, leaves, flowers, and other peoples stuff, and By the time we left all he had were 2 Easter Eggs and a Resse Cup.


Since the weather was so beautiful and it was Baby Alex first time going on an Easter egg hunt. I decided to treat him and myself to some "Sweet Frog". I don't know if he was upset we left the park or if he was just still not feeling that great but his whole attitude changed once we got there. I believe he was mainly tired from all the running around... But I think his little friends helped cheer him up.

Baby Alex's Tantrum at "Sweet Frog" had me thinking, what do you do when your child is having a full blown Tantrum in public. I mean it's one thing to ignore and deal with it at home, but really how easy is it to do the same in public?? Not easy at all, especially when other families are staring at you  probably thinking "I wish she would shut that kid up". But on the other hand you can't yolk them up, spank them or even yell at them to loud without someone whispering "Omg did you see how she treated her child"... Moms I've just come to the conclusion that you will be judged no matter how you handle the situation so do what works best for you. Tantrums can be overwhelming but they are your baby's way of expressing there dissatisfaction to you. Yes it can be annoying and embarrassing but I believe if you teach your toddler early that that behavior is unacceptable they will learn.

-Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment