Hello I'm Bre

Hello I'm Bre
I'm a first time mother just figuring it out as I go. Trying to always remember to stay Fabulous and not lose myself in MommyWorld.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Media Mom Monday (Week 6)

This weeks Media Mom Monday goes to YaYa Dacosta. Last week Yaya posted a photo to Instagram of her breastfeeding her son. I know breastfeeding in public or on social networks has been a well debated subject for awhile, but I absolutely take my hat off to Yaya for this picture. She chose to do the natural thing for her child and she looks beautiful.
I was totally shocked when I saw some of the backlash on Facebook about this picture. People called her a " Attention seeking whore" and said they were "Disgusted" at the sight of seeing any mother Breastfeed. Really? Yaya is married, she is a known activist, and a damn good first time mother. She is the real definition of a Model and has alway set positive examples for female women everywhere.

Yaya you're an awesome mother and you deserve to be this weeks #MediaMomMonday.
I mean Really? How is this picture so offensive, you can't even see her actual boob!!
(This article is in no way passing judgement on mothers who choose not to Breastfeed, it's only to empower all mothers and spread Breastfeeding awareness)





1 comment: