Hello I'm Bre

Hello I'm Bre
I'm a first time mother just figuring it out as I go. Trying to always remember to stay Fabulous and not lose myself in MommyWorld.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Media Mom Monday


Wow I really haven't done this in awhile, but it feels great to get back into the swing of things... This weeks Media Mom Monday goes to Mrs. Jada Pinkett Smith. Omg I have been loving her so much lately. She is such a powerful woman to me, overcoming so much adversity early in life growing up with a mother that was addicted to drugs her whole childhood, but she never let THAT define her as a woman, mother, or wife. However, despite the difficult upbringing has assured her mother that she actually used the situation to her advantage, stating that she used her childhood as motivation to move forward. Now, although a lot of people see her parenting style as unconventional, I don't. I think every parent has there own style or remix to raising there children. I mostly admire the freedom she gives her children, the trust she has in them. I was definitely a "Sheltered Child" growing up. My mom hovered over me until I moved out, She is still hovering from afar she wanted to control everything and I remember at one point resenting that. I believe it's important for every child to feel like there own person. To feel like there parents trust them. 
-Bre

Here is Jada Speaking Some Truth!!!



1 comment: